Thursday, May 29, 2008

Make Money Checklist

Personal Development Goal Checklist

So you want to set some strong personal development goals so you can grow as a person? Congratulations! You're taking the first step toward fulfilling your life's destiny. Below I have compiled a list you can use as a guideline to safe check your goals. It is important to start out on the right course to increase the chance of your goals being reached.

Here is the checklist:

• I was thorough with brainstorming my goals before settling on my ultimate personal development goal
• I did not censor my brain or limit my thoughts when first deciding on what goal I'd like to achieve
• I asked myself questions like "What would I dare to dream about if I knew I couldn't fail?" and "What would excite me most if I achieved it?"
• I didn't worry too much about how I would achieve my goal. Instead I focused on first finding out what my goal is
• I set a time frame on my goal, to give myself a deadline to shoot for
• I created a list of reasons why this the goal would excite me, and make me feel most fulfilled if I accomplished it
• I wrote my goal down on paper
• I took some time to think about why I'm absolutely dedicated to turn this goal into a reality within my time frame.
• After I did all of the above, I took immediate action on my goal, and did something that brought me one step closer to it.

Every fantastic personal development goal should follow the steps outlined above. I'm not saying you can't achieve your goals if you don't meet every requirement on the list, but it will be easier if you did. Here are some secondary pointers that you should consider as well:

• When brainstorming, write down anything that you'd like to accomplish
• Also, write down personal characteristics and traits you'd like to cultivate
• Prioritize those in the time you'd like to accomplish them
• Narrow them down by selecting all the goals that you'd like to accomplish within the next year
• Pick the one that is most compelling

This is a great way to find out what would make you most fulfilled if you accomplished it within the next year. One year goals are a perfect way to catapult you into working to achieve your ultimate destiny.

No comments: